Sunday, September 1, 2013

June 4 2012 My Personal Experience 4

It was the middle of fifth grade when our music teacher told us about the musical Alice in Wonderland. Everyone was excited and started talking about what part they wanted. I had my heart set on Alice, but faced one problem. More than half of the girls wanted to try out for the role. My parents told me that I should attend the audition, but I wasn’t sure what would happen.
It was the day of our auditions and I was the first one called. I tried my best to act and sing. When my time was over, I quickly went outside, afraid of what the judges would think. I saw my friends audition and they were pretty good. After the audition, my music teacher told us the results would come out in two weeks. All were dismissed when my friend asked if everyone would have at least have one part. The teacher said that everyone who had auditioned would have one part. Everyone was happy with that except for me. I was scared that I would play a role other than Alice.
Two weeks later, my friend came running into the classroom, telling everyone that the results were out. With the speed of lightning, the whole class gathered around her to see which part they got. Scanning the paper, I saw that I was Alice. I whispered to my friend next to me, who screamed out that I had gotten the main role. Suddenly, everyone started cheering, telling me I was going to be amazing in the play. The problem was that I had loads of lines to memorize and seven songs to sing. I was very frightened and happy, even four months remained till the performance.
The rehearsals I attended were not great. In fact, the teacher told us that there were two casts – the blue and the red cast. I was Alice in the blue cast, my friend Joan being in the red cast. We all tried to practice, but everyone was distracted, fighting over which cast was better. Joan and I tried to calm them down but nothing was working. When the rehearsal was over, both casts went home without running through a scene.
The next few rehearsals went better. We would actually go through scenes and memorize lines. A few weeks before the performance, we had memorized all our lines and songs.  For the remaining few weeks, we helped making props and painting scenes.
The day of our performance was had finally come and everyone was nervous. We were all ready backstage when the curtains opened. We then started to act, sing, and make a few mistakes until the play was over. We were bowing in front of the audience, thinking of how hard we had worked over the past few months.

Whenever my friends and I talk about this performance, we talk about the things we did in rehearsals and recall how good the performance was.

No comments:

Post a Comment