Sunday, September 1, 2013

April 16 2012 My Personal Experience

One of my memorable personal experiences was getting my first phone in the last semester of second grade. I remember my friend showing me the phone her parents bought for her eighth birthday. I was very happy for her, but at the same time, felt very jealous.
That night, I remember complaining to my parents about not having a phone, giving reasons why I should have one. My parents would constantly disagree since I was only eight and didn’t need to call them because I didn’t have any after school activities. I would say the same thing for about three weeks when my father told me that I had the privilege to have a phone if I fulfilled all his requirements which were:
1.      I had to get straight A’s from that semester
2.     I wasn’t to waste time texting friends while I was supposed to do homework.
These requirements seemed quite worth a try, for I had received a high honor in first grade and thought that I wouldn’t waste much time texting friends. That night, I was determined to receive a phone by the end of that semester.
Unfortunately, I didn’t always think about these requirements and sometimes received a few low test and worksheet scores. A few weeks later my parents received my report card. I had mixed feelings of being scared and happy. When I arrived home, my mother was waiting for me with a sheet of paper in her right hand. Then she slowly started showing me what the paper was about. It was my final report card. I was scared but the minute I looked at it, everything went white. All my scores, including math, science, english, history, science, physical education, music, and art, were above 95 percent! Next, I remember calling my father, telling him that I would like him to buy my phone that coming Saturday. Laughing, he agreed with me.
Finally, Saturday had arrived. It was about twelve o’clock; I was all dressed up and ready to get my phone. My parents were very slow, leaving two hours later. When we arrived at the small store, there were many types of glamorous looking phones. I was wondering which phone I should choose when a particular one caught my eye. It was white and had a small camera at the top. I asked my parents if I could have that phone, and luckily they said yes!
I still remember my excitement at showing the phone off to my friends on Monday. They were all happy and envious of me (as I had been of my friend when seeing her first phone). I am currently using my second phone, not knowing where my first phone had gone. I am also planning to buy my third phone in July.
Though I will have many more phones in my life, I guarantee that I will definitely remember my first, white, phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment